As the Faronics Core Server's certificate thumbprint is stores as a property of the Core Agent installer the certificate name that the user can type when he/she generates a new certificate during Faronics Core Setup (aka Config Wizard) is limited, as follows:
- in FC 3.1, 3.2x, to 10 characters
- in FC 3.30, to 14 characters
- in FC 3.32, the limit was extended to 100 characters with successful deployment of Core Agent installer
- The user is effectively limited to type up to the specified number of characters in the certificate name text box. There is no validation error message.
- There is no restriction applied to the certificate name when a certificate is imported during Core Setup
- If the user managed to create a CA installer with a longer, imported certificate name, the CA msi cannot be installed on the workstation, either remotely, or locally.