When upgrading Faronics Core agent vai GPO you may encounter an error where the installation fails with a status of "User Canceled Installation" shown in the event logs. This occurs when a password is set on the installation of the Faronics Core Agent and this password is not specified as part of the upgrade process.
To update the software an MST file needs to be created that will supply the password for the installation as part of the GPO push. To create an MST file you will need to download the ORCA tool from the Microsoft website and follow the instructions below.
- Create FCA installer through FCC connection and save it in a shared location
- Open ORCA and drag and drop the FCA installer file created in the previous step
- Go to "Transform > New Transform"Select "Property" on the left pane to "Tables > Add Row..."Add the following:
*** <password> is the password currently used in the core agent installed on the workstation.
- Then, scroll down the right pane and check the new row is added properly
- Go to "Transform > Generate Transform..."Enter the filename: <myTransform>.mstClose ORCA
- Right-click your GPO and select "Edit"Go to Computer Configuration > Software Settings > New > Package...
- Select a newer version of MSI file (FCA installer) through Network accessible path (e.g. \\qa017\Workgroup\me\FCAmyVersion.msi)
- From the "Deploy Software" window, select "Advanced"
- Select the "Modifications" tab and "Add..." to add MST file created in step  above
Refresh the window to see the newer version of the MSI file is added to GPO
Also, check the GPO Settings and see "Assigned Applications" and "Transforms" under "Advanced" are pointing to the correct MSI and MST files respectively.
Reboot the target machines
Migration Specialist Name