Anti-Executable 4.2 has been released. This update includes the following new features:
- Integration with Faronics Anti-Virus: Automatically scan the files using Faronics Anti-Virus before adding them to the whitelist.
The following issues have been resolved:
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable prevented all permissions on the folder if the folder name had .com, .jar or .bat in it.
- Resolved issue where Anti-Executable blocked SBAMSvr.exe when Faronics StorageSpace was a mounted folder and Anti-Executable was installed with an initial whitelist scan.
- Resolved issue where no files were added to a whitelist if Faronics StorageSpace was scanned from a level up (for example, Faronics folder).
- Resolved issue where the Anti-Executable configuration files could be deleted if Faronics StorageSpace was a mounted folder.
- Windows XP only: Resolved issue where the computer crashed after 3 to 4 hours if Deep Freeze Enterprise, Faronics System Profiler, Faronics Anti-Virus and Anti-Executable were installed.
- Windows XP only: Resolved issue where the files copied to the mounted Faronics StorageSpace folder during maintenance mode are not added to the Active whitelist.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 only: Resolved issue where the computer kept rebooting in a loop if the computer is rebooted after installing Anti- Executable, enabling Protection with an empty whitelist.
The updated version can be downloaded from our website at www.faronics.com.