Faronics is happy to announce the release of Deep Freeze Enterprise 8.6. This release includes a number of fixes and improvements all listed here in the release notes;
One thing to note is that we are officially dropping support for Windows XP, and for Windows Server 2003 with this release. If you still have Windows XP or Server 2003 still deployed you will need to either look at updating those systems or look at maintaining the older build of Deep Freeze to continue to manage those systems moving forward.
This release also includes a number of new features;
- Auto Grow ThawSpaces
- Mark ThawSpaces to grow automatically if they get 75% full, up to a specified maximum size.
- Thaw for Multiple Restarts
- Set the number of Thawed reboots from the Enterprise Console. Option available for Reboot Thawed or Reboot Thawed Locked action.
- Pause Scheduled Task
- Choose to pause or resume Scheduled Tasks in the Enterprise Console. Right-click on the Scheduled Task to pause or resume.
- Install All Windows Updates
- In addition to Security, Critical, and Feature updates, choose to install all types of updates when downloading Windows updates from Microsoft (vs. WSUS).
- Launch Batch, VB, PowerShell Scripts
- In addition to .exe and .msi file types, now you can also launch .cmd, .bat, .vbs, .ps1 file types via the Remote Launch and Push & Launch actions in the Enterprise Console.
- Specify URL or FTP for Remote Launch
- Instead of specifying an existing file path for Remote Launch, now you have the option to specify a web URL or FTP location. The file will be automatically downloaded from the specified location and launched on the workstation.
- Console Log Improvements
- Determine how the Deep Freeze state has changed. Example: determine if Deep Freeze was Thawed from the console, locally on the client, or via Command-Line.
- Set Default Location for Installers
- Enterprise Console can now remember where you prefer to save newly created workstation installers and configuration files. Set the default location while saving the file to your desired location.
This update is live on Faronics Labs, and Faronics Customer Center.
Migration Specialist Name