Faronics is happy to announce the release of Deep Freeze 7.5. The updated version is now available from all the usual locations.
This version brings the following 11 new features:
- Cache Windows Update
Windows Updates can now be cached on the workstation even when it is in a Frozen state. Updates will be applied when the computer is in Thawed state. Experience significantly faster execution of Windows Update Task because updates are already downloaded. Learn more.
- Detect when Windows Updates are finished and automatically end the Windows Update Task. Setting an end time for Windows Update Task is now optional.
- Protect Master Boot Record (MBR)
Deep Freeze prevents a virus from injecting into MBR.
- Support for Hard Drives larger than 2 TB
- WSUS Restrictions Removed
All updates downloaded from your WSUS will now be installed on the workstation. The previous limitation of only downloading and applying critical and security updates is now limited to updates downloaded directly from the Microsoft Update Website.
- Port Exceptions for Deep Freeze Enterprise Console
Communication ports for Deep Freeze no longer need to be manually configured.
- New and improved Deep Freeze Workstation and Console Service with Logging
Enables our Tech Support to help with any corner cases.
- New and improved User Interface for the Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator
Usability improvements for Workstation Tasks (Maintenance Schedule). Dedicated Windows Update User Interface.
- New and improved Graphics for the Deep Freeze Enterprise Console
- User guides are linked online, reducing the size of the installer by half
- New Utility – Deep Freeze MSI Packager
This utility is included in your download and allows you to convert the Deep Freeze Workstation Install Program (DFWks.exe) executable file into a Windows Installer (.MSI) file format.
This version has also squashed 11 nasty bugs.
Detailed release notes can be found at: