Faronics is happy to announce that Deep Freeze Standard and Enterprise 8.71 is being released to general availability.
Customers looking to update can download the latest release and obtain a updated license key from Faronics Labs (for customers in North America) or from Faronics Customer Center (for customers outside of North America).
This release incorporates a number of fixes that address system lockups and other hanging issues reported by our users. Additional details can be found in our release notes posted here;
Some highlights include;
- Modern Standby & Hibernation Compatibility – Deep Freeze workstations now support Modern Standby, Hibernation, and Fast Startup power options, which can save energy and improve battery life. Requires compatible systems.
- Uninterrupted Maintenance – Deep Freeze workstations now remain powered on during the Workstation Task period, ensuring the system does not go into a power-saving mode.
- Improved Local Wakeup – Deep Freeze now ensures the local wake timers under Windows Power Options are enabled when the ‘Attempt to wake up locally’ option is selected for Workstation Tasks.
- LAPS Compatibility – Deep Freeze is now compatible with Windows Local Administrator Password Solution to avoid synchronization issues with the Domain Controller when the computer is in a Frozen state.
- Deep Freeze Log Files – Automatically back-up Deep Freeze logs on the client side for optimal performance.
- Manage Virtual Memory – Selecting this option under Advanced options allows Deep Freeze to manage paging file size to better handle performance issues on workstations with limited RAM.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to Faronics Support through this portal and we will be happy to assist you further.