There are no backdoor passwords to Deep Freeze. Faronics cannot recover lost, forgotten, changed, or otherwise misplaced passwords or Customization Codes.
For Deep Freeze Enterprise:
Using our unique One Time Password system, Deep Freeze Enterprise Administrators can generate One Time Password (OTP). To generate an OTP:
- Open the Deep Freeze login dialog on the workstation for which you need to generate the OTP.
- Write down the Token code which is located at the top of the login dialog.
- Open the Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator and click the One-Time Passwords tab or open the Enterprise Console and click on Tools > One Time Password.
- Enter the code you recorded into the Token field and click Generate OTP. Another code will appear in the OTP field. The second code is the password for the workstation.
The newly generated One-Time Password can then be used to disable, uninstall, and re-install Deep Freeze with the correct password.
For Deep Freeze evaluations (with no License Key entered):
- Restart the computer.
- Enter the system BIOS settings.
- Advance the clock by at least 60 days and then restart your computer. This will disable the software.
- After the system has started, run the Deep Freeze installation program to uninstall Deep Freeze.
- After the computer reboots, re-enter the BIOS and reset the clock to the current date. You can then re-install Deep Freeze after restarting.
If you are running a licensed copy of Deep Freeze Standard submit a ticket and we can look into the issue further to see if there are any other options available to assist you.