A few folks have contacted us asking about the status of Windows 8.1 in Deep Freeze Below is a list of the issues that we have found at this point during testing:
- The installation of Deep Freeze does not disable fast startup. This can result in problems with shutting down workstations.
- Remotely uninstalling Deep Freeze, or the Workstation Seed can result in a failure.
- Upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 through the Windows store will fail if Deep Freeze is set to cache updates.
- Deep Freeze cannot be uninstalled after upgrading to Windows 8.1 if Deep Freeze was installed prior to the update.
- Some Windows Updates may fail to be installed by the Windows Update task when running updates through Deep Freeze.
We are working on a new build that will support Windows 8.1 as we speak and as we get more information on an ETA for this build we will post an update here.
Migration Specialist Name