A few folks have contacted us asking about the status of Windows 8.1 in Deep Freeze Below is a list of the issues that we have found at this point during testing:
- The installation of Deep Freeze does not disable fast startup. This can result in problems with shutting down workstations.
- Remotely uninstalling Deep Freeze, or the Workstation Seed can result in a failure.
- Upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 through the Windows store will fail if Deep Freeze is set to cache updates.
- Deep Freeze cannot be uninstalled after upgrading to Windows 8.1 if Deep Freeze was installed prior to the update.
- Some Windows Updates may fail to be installed by the Windows Update task when running updates through Deep Freeze.
We are working on a new build that will support Windows 8.1 as we speak and as we get more information on an ETA for this build we will post an update here.