We've just released a new version of Insight that incorporates the following enhancements.
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina). Apple added additional system security requirements into Catalina that were affecting certain features of Insight.
- Teachers can now initiate switching Chromebook thumbnails between an active tab and full screen. By default, teachers are able to view the active tab of the Chrome browser, however, if they wish to view the entire desktop, they can right-click on the Student thumbnail and click on Chromebook > Desktop View where the student will be prompted to "Share your entire screen" on their Chromebook. Note that this a Google requirement to protect the privacy of the student.
"Share your entire screen" message the students sees on their Chromebook
- Added enhancement prevents Picture-in-Picture videos from playing when Blank Screen is enabled.
Insight now also block the picture-in-picture video on Chromebooks
- Teachers now have the ability to ‘kill’ the student agent when standardized testing tools prevent the Insight agent to run during testing. Teachers can click the "Unload Insight on Selected Students" option which proceeds to shut down the Student agent so that certain standardized testing tools can work.
Note: Student devices must be restarted to re-enable the student agent.
"Unload Insight on Selected Students" option for compatibility with standardized testing tools
- When remote controlling a student, we now disable the context menu since the information in the Properties dialog for a given student is not actively updated while in the Remote Control session. The Properties information is updated after the session has ended.
Windows XP End of Support
- Windows XP is no longer supported. Installation is blocked for Teacher, Student, Terminal Services, and Tech Console.
For full release notes, visit: https://www.faronics.com/document-library/document/insight-release-notes
As always, feel free to reach out to your dedicated Channel Account Manager for any questions or suggestions.